Welcome to Echelon insurance

Specialty Property

This product is available in these regions

  • Tickmark Icon
    British Columbia
  • Tickmark Icon

Hard to Place

Echelon’s Hard to Place insurance program provides insurance for habitational risks that standard insurance companies won’t write. Most insurance carriers today won’t provide homeowner’s coverage if you have:

  • More than two mortgages
  • Non-standard heating
  • 60 amp electrical service
  • Claims activity
  • First-time insurance buyers

We believe you shouldn’t be prevented from obtaining an insurance policy just for these reasons. With adjustments to coverage, terms, exclusions and/or deductibles, Echelon can provide coverage for a reasonable price.

Vacant Dwelling

Your property is now vacant or unoccupied – did you know that your homeowner’s insurance policy does not include coverage for it? This is the case with most of today’s policies. In order to ensure that you have your investment protected, you have to purchase special insurance coverage for your vacant home.

Echelon’s Vacant Dwelling policy provides coverage for dwellings that are vacant or unoccupied.

Seasonal Residence

Your seasonal home, cottage, lakeside cabin or second home provides a refreshing change of pace. Buying insurance for your seasonal home is similar to buying insurance for your home. Typically, seasonal homes are covered under your main homeowner’s insurance policy as a seasonal or secondary home.

Owners of a seasonal home typically want to insure it with a policy that is similar to what they have on their primary homeowner’s policy. Echelon Insurance offers competitive pricing for stand-alone policies that provide Broad form or Named Perils form coverage.

Additional/Optional coverage is available for a variety of exposures including Replacement Cost on Building, Earthquake (based on location), Burglary, Reduced Glass and more. Additional/optional coverage may require an additional premium charge.