Additional Coverage

Contents in Storage

Moving from one location to another, whether you are upsizing or downsizing, or just need some extra storage room, you may find it necessary to rent a storage unit. Storage units come in a variety of sizes and storage facilities provide a wide array of optional services.

Some homeowner’s policies provide coverage for contents that are temporarily stored in storage unit, however, they limit the period that they are away from the home while coverage is offered.

Echelon’s Storage policy provides you with All Risk coverage for a period of 1 to 12 months at competitive rates. Having our policy in place will provide you with peace of mind knowing that your contents are protected.

The storage facility must be a secure with controlled access. We provide coverage for up to 4 storage units on a single policy provided they are in the same storage facility.

Coverage under this policy does not include commercial goods or business property in storage.


Course of Construction

Course of Construction insurance, also known as Builder’s Risk insurance, is an insurance policy that provides coverage for a building that is presently being constructed.

Echelon’s Course of Construction insurance policy provides All Risk coverage subject to policy limitations and certain exclusions as noted in the policy wordings. Policy terms of 4 to 12 months are available with renewal terms of up to 12 additional months of coverage. Policy limits are determined at the beginning of the policy and the limit will reflect 100% of the completed value of the home – this includes all materials and labor costs, but not including land value.


Hard to Place

Echelon’s Hard to Place insurance program provides insurance for habitational risks that standard insurance companies won’t write. Most insurance carriers today won’t provide homeowner’s coverage if you have:

  • more than 2 mortgages
  • non-standard heating
  • 60 amp electrical service
  • claims activity
  • first time insurance buyers

We believe that you shouldn’t be prevented from obtaining an insurance policy just for these reasons. With adjustments to coverage, terms, exclusions and/or deductibles, Echelon can provide coverage for a reasonable price.


Vacant Dwelling

Your property is now vacant or unoccupied – did you know that your homeowner’s insurance policy does not include coverage for it? This is the case with most of today’s policies. In order to ensure that you have your investment protected, you have to purchase special insurance coverage for your vacant home.

Echelon’s Vacant Dwelling policy provides coverage for dwellings that are vacant or unoccupied.


Home Based Business

You work long, hard hours in order to have a business that you can call your own. Echelon’s Home Based Business insurance policy provides you protection from losing your dream due to inadequate insurance coverage.

Your homeowner’s insurance was not designed to provide coverage for the commercial exposures of your business or the tools/equipment you use to generate your income. In fact, a commercial insurance policy may be too expensive and prohibitive for your situation.

Echelon’s policy provides you coverage at an affordable price. Contact an Echelon Insurance broker near you to discuss your needs.

Echelon’s Contents In Storage, Course of Construction, Hard to Place, Vacant Dwelling and Home Based Business insurance are available in British Columbia.

This product is available in these regions:

  • British Columbia